It’s a matter of concern that, even though it’s the twenty-first century, people are still being discriminated against based on their sexual preferences, gender identity, way of dressing and for generally being who they are. It’s high time we understood the problems faced by the LGBTQ community and do our bit to help make our society inclusive and accepting of their needs. LGBTQ members have long since faced harassment, discrimination, persecution and bullying. This course on LGBTQ awareness helps highlight members of this community’s needs, challenges and issues.
What You Will Learn
The Four modules are overflowing with valuable information that you can use in your career, this includes:
- What the acronym ‘LGBTQ’ stands for and the differences between the various LGBTQ members, based on their sexual orientation and gender preferences
- Insights into the common challenges faced by LGBTQ members in their daily lives, including parenting, relationships, discrimination in public places, harassment in workplaces and housing
- How schools and other educational institutions can render staff and students sensitive to be more accepting of members of the LGBTQ community and how parents can help their LGBTQ children develop confidence and self-esteem
- About laws, acts and other government initiatives in the UK that have decriminalised homosexuality over the years
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learning about LGBTQ rights helps you become more empathetic towards and conscious of equality issues
- As an employer, parent, landlord, sibling or peer of an LGBTQ individual, you can become sensitive to their needs
- You can give and receive support from LGBTQ individuals and create flourishing educational or office environments
- You can develop individual as well as community relationships, and help LGBTQ members to integrate within their neighbourhoods and among their colleagues and family members
- Most importantly, you can educate others about LGBTQ needs, challenges and requirements and spread awareness in your community and beyond.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: Introduction to LGBTQ Communities
- Module 02: Challenges Faced by LGBTQ Members in the UK
- Module 03: Rendering Educational Institutions, Parents and Family Members Sensitive to LGBTQ Needs
- Module 04: How to Create an Inclusive Society for LGBTQ Members
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices