Many parents in the UK are increasingly opting to home educate their children. The trend started back in the 1970s but is becoming popular with thousands of families. You may wish to home school for a wide range of reasons and it may be the best option for your unique requirements. However, it may be that you have no choice and it is enforced on you for whatever reason, but it is important to help your child continue learning at home.
As with everything else in life, there are advantages as well as a few drawbacks to this system of learning. Home education is starting to make a comeback in the UK and it’s time to become familiar with the details.
What You Will Learn
The three modules are overflowing with valuable information that you can use in your career, this includes:
- What home schooling involves and when children can be home schooled
- Why parents may choose to home school their children and what the advantages are
- What you need to ask yourself before you decide to home educate your child
- Useful strategies that can help you maximise the home-schooling experience
- What process you need to follow to formally de-register your child from school
- Under what circumstances the local authorities would be allowed to deny your request
Benefits of Taking This Course
- You can explore the idea of home educating your child
- If one parent is home part time or full time, you can decide if this option is right for your child
- You can use the effective tips described in the course to reinforce learning at home
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 3 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 2 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: Home Education as a Schooling Option
- Module 02: Useful Tips for Home Schooling
- Module 03: The De-Registration Process
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices