Learning about Wills and Probate is absolutely essential for everybody - whether you need to help a loved one, or would like to take control of your own affairs and avoid common mistakes.
This course covers everything you need to know about Wills and Probate, including how to write a valid Will, understanding the special conditions, following correct probate procedures and the rules regarding intestacy.
From the roles and responsibilities of lawyers and estate executors to the importance of granting power of attorney, this course covers everything you need to know about Wills and Probate.
What You Will Learn
- The full definition of a Will and the various types to choose from
- How to write a valid Will and include all the relevant special conditions
- A full definition of probate and all of the procedures involved
- What happens when a Will is not left (intestacy) and what you need to do
- The role of lawyers, estate executors and the importance of ‘power of attorney’
Benefits of Taking This Course
- You will save time, money, and effort
- You will be able to assist loved ones who rely on you in difficult times
- You will take control of your own affairs and have peace of mind
- You will avoid costly legal errors which have serious repercussions
- You will ensure that your estate is divided as per your wishes
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 8 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 4 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: Introduction to Wills and Probate
- Module 02: Living Wills
- Module 03: Writing Your Will
- Module 04: Will Validity and Special Conditions
- Module 05: Probate
- Module 06: Intestacy
- Module 07: Lawyers
- Module 08: Estate Executors and Power of Attorney
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices