Web Development is one of the fastest growing industries in the world and predictions are that the demand for quality Web Developers will only continue to grow! Never in the history of the Web has it been such an opportune moment to join millions of people around the world who are involved in building web products.
Whether you are excited at the possibility of becoming a Web Developer or you are just a curious person who wants to build websites as a hobby, you will find this course useful. We have covered Web Development as a corporate career as well as included tips on launching your own freelance Web Development practice.
What you will learn
The aim of the course is to equip you with the knowledge and tools to build your first website. It is a practical course with code example, coding activities and plenty of guidance material to help you complete them.
- The past, present and future of the Internet and the Web
- What terms client-side and server-side mean in the context of Web Development
- How to create a simple HTML document and setup the basic skeleton of a web page
- How to use various HTML elements to create the different sections of the web page
- How to add styling code to HTML in internal and external style sheets using CSS
- Why you should use CSS alongside HTML to build beautiful pages
Benefits of taking this course
There are a number of benefits, which include:
- A comprehensive, practical and easy-to-understand course material
- End of module activities and a final test which are designed to expand your overall understanding and put what you’ve learned into action
- Can be completed anywhere with an Internet connection.
- Gaining relevant knowledge about an ever-growing industry, which will provide you with practical skills for the workforce.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 12 hours hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: The Internet and the Web
- Module 2: What is Web Development?
- Module 3: Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)
- Module 4 : Advanced HTML elements
- Module 5 : Introduction to CSS
- Module 6 : HTML & CSS in Action – Part I
- Module 7 : HTML & CSS in Action – Part II
- Module 8 : HTML & CSS in Action Part III
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices