If you have ever used Netflix, listened to Spotify or purchased goods via Amazon, then you know well the smooth experience of using a web application. In fact, web apps are becoming even more sophisticated and ubiquitous.
A fast growing industry, web app development is driving a demand for quality Web Developers and predictions are that this demand is likely to grow exponentially in the next decade! The time is now to learn to develop applications for the Web and with the huge variety of web technologies and frameworks available, web application development is now easier than ever.
Whether you are excited at the possibility of developing web applications for your commercial or personal needs, you will find this course useful. We have covered the basics of web apps and included tips and example code to get you on your way to your first web application in no time.
In this course we cover the basic elements of web applications including front end, back end, databases and the code needed to connect all of these into a working app. We have included guidelines for application development, outlined the process with its individual stages from feature definition to publishing your app to a web server. Along with that, we cover a lot of frameworks – both for the front end and the back end of your web app that will accelerate the process of development and save you time and stress. We also discuss cutting edge technologies for developing web apps and some latest trends.
What you will learn:
The aim of the course is to equip you with the knowledge and tools to build your first web application. It is a practical course with code example, coding activities and plenty of guidance material to help you complete them.
You will learn:
- What a web application is and how it works with browsers and servers
- The development methodologies, their differences and the different stages in web app development
- How to define the features, technical requirements and plan your web app project
- What a front end is and the languages used for front end coding
- What User Interface, User Experience and Material Design are and why they matter
- The difference between relational and non-relational databases and how to create them
- The elements that make up a typical backend and the most popular frameworks
There are a number of benefits, which include:
- Comprehensive, practical and easy-to-understand course material
- End of module activities and a final test which are designed to expand your overall understanding and put what you’ve learned into action
- Can be completed anywhere with an Internet connection.
- Gaining relevant knowledge about an ever-growing industry, which will provide you with practical skills for the workforce.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.