Secretaries are an integral part of any team. What once started as a simple role of keeping secrets and relaying messages has over time progressed into a career in and of itself.
Secretaries are the ones who are responsible for keeping the team organized, informed, and working towards the set goals determined by upper management. But there is definitely far more to this simple role than meets the eye.
People who take the time to understand what it means to be an effective secretary often benefit from a deeper understanding of the job, develop a better sense of professionalism, and get to perfect their office skills, among many other benefits. Being a secretary is more than paperwork, it comes with many responsibilities and opportunities for growing professionals.
This course will give you all the information you need to become an effective secretary.
You Will Learn:
- About the different types of secretaries and related professions
- About the role of an effective secretary and their responsibilities
- About the certifications, qualities, and skills needed to become an effective secretary
- About the various challenges and perks of working as a secretary for both men and women
Benefits of Studying This Course
- Understand how to develop your skills which will help in various office settings
- Understand how different industries use secretaries with different skill sets
- Gain knowledge that can help you become an integral part of any office team
- Gain a deeper understanding of business, business protocols and the day to day business interactions with clients
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: Types of Secretarial Positions
- Module 02: The Role and Responsibilities of a Secretary
- Module 03: Certifications, Skills, and Qualities of an Effective Secretary
- Module 04: The Perks and Challenges of Working in a Secretarial Position
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers/devices