Telephone communications are an integral part of most businesses, and sometimes these interactions are the only impression a company makes on its customers. Learning how to get the most from these interactions gives you the opportunity to create a lasting, positive impression with customers and increase trust and customer loyalty.
To get the most out of phone interactions you must understand the techniques and methods for excellent professional customer service. This course is for employers and employees of businesses who want to strengthen their professional relationships with customers and reap the many rewards of doing so. The contents of this course will reveal everything you need to know to handle phone calls.
The content of this course is written in a clear, concise way and is broken down into manageable modules centred on key themes. The information is built on evidence based scientific studies and proven techniques to allow you to confidently deal with any professional telephone interaction.
The course contains illustrated examples of the concepts, tools and techniques for you to practically apply the knowledge, as well as exercises, tests and worksheets to compound and help you evaluate what you learn.
This course will teach you how to:
- Create a professional image over the telephone
- Use highly professional telephone etiquette
- Form positive and lasting initial impressions on the phone
- Sound professional, confident and in control over the phone
- Handle every key phase of a business call
- Improve the clarity of your communication
- Improve your listening skills
- Effectively handle difficult or demanding customers
- Identify, negotiate and resolve issues over the phone
- Confidently handle threats, abuse and phone rage
- Gather and apply tools to help overcome anxiety and stress relating to telephone calls.
The knowledge and information this course offers can be used by any business and can also be applied to your personal life, allowing you to get the most out of all telephone based interactions.
Benefits of the Telephone Techniques Course
Students enrolled in the Telephone Techniques course experience many benefits. These include the following:
- The convenience of studying from anywhere with an internet connection at any time.
- Study course material at your own pace. There is no time limit, so you can complete the course, regardless of how long it takes you to complete it.
- The option of studying from any internet enabled device including a tablet, PC, or mobile phone.
- Short, easy to understand course structure.
- Convenient online support available while you study.
- A comprehensive syllabus that helps you increase your knowledge in telephone techniques.
- Upon successful completion of the course, you will earn a certified and recognised certificate.
- An affordable pricing structure.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 7 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Creating a Professional Image
- Module 2: Developing Your Telephone Style
- Module 3: Controlling the Telephone Process
- Module 4: Developing Flexibility
- Module 5: Personal Development
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major devices and browsers