The teaching assistant diploma will provide you with all the knowledge you need to succeed as a teaching assistant in the United Kingdom. This information packed training course gives you everything you will need to know to secure a position within the teaching industry and push yourself forward in your chosen career.
Introduction to the Teaching Assistant Diploma
This training course is offered online, which gives you the ability to study at your own pace and in your own time. You can still work a full time position while studying to get the certification you need to secure your dream position in the teaching industry.
The teaching assistant diploma is accessible on any device with access to the internet, complete with online support throughout your training. The course comprises of a comprehensive syllabus broken into easy and manageable modules.
On completion of the course you will be required to complete a multiple choice test and once passed you will be awarded with your industry recognised certification, which you can download and print.
What You Will Learn
The teaching assistant diploma is designed to provide you with a complete overview, enabling you to start your new position in the education industry in the shortest period of time. This course includes:
- The role of the teaching assistant along with valuable information about the position.
- Get a good understanding on schools, including hierarchy and curriculums throughout the country.
- Learn best practices when working in a classroom.
- Identify different student behaviours and how to deal with them.
- Understand various learning activities and how to use them to support the curriculum.
- Learn the different school policies, laws and welfare of children in the United Kingdom.
- Have a good understanding of literacy and how to support pupils.
- Learn about numeracy and its importance in everyday life.
- Get a good understanding on why play is so important and how it is important in education.
- Learn about health and safety and first aid in the school environment.
- Get information on working with children with special needs.
- Learn how to support talented children in your classroom.
- Get valuable insight into working with children whose first language is not English, along with the benefits of being bilingual.
- The course will teach you how to handle children with different behavioural issues, along with the personal development of children moving forward.
- Understand how to engage parents in their children's learning and the importance thereof.
- Get an understanding of various extracurricular activities and how you can assist with them.
- Learn the importance of working as a team and how to support your teacher to ensure that the children receive the best education at all times when in your care.
Benefits of the Teaching Assistant Diploma
There are so many benefits of completing your teaching assistant diploma online, these include:
- Study from anywhere and at any time that is suitable to you. You can study at home after work or during your lunch break.
- Study at your own pace, complete the course within days or months based on your current schedule and workload.
- Study using any device, from your PC when at home, to your tablet or mobile phone when on the move.
- The course is broken into easy to manage modules to ensure the most enjoyable learning experience at all times.
- Enjoy the convenience of online support throughout your study experience to ensure that you stay on track at all times.
- Learn from a comprehensive syllabus, which is guaranteed to give you the knowledge you need to fast track your career within the education industry.
- Improve your prospects when applying for teaching assistant positions.
- Enjoy the added benefit of a certified diploma that you can trust.
- Affordable pricing structure.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 20 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 20 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Defining and Explaining the Role of a Teaching Assistant
- Module 2 : Understanding Schools as Organisations
- Module 3 : Supporting Development in Pupils: Practice and Policies
- Module 4 : Supporting the Teacher and the School
- Module 5 : Applying Learning Activities to Support the Teaching of the Curriculum
- Module 6 : Legislation, Legal Obligations and School Policies to Ensure Pupil Wellbeing
- Module 7 : Learning Literacy Skills with Teaching Assistant Support
- Module 8 : Learning Numeracy Skills with Teaching Assistant Support
- Module 9 : Supporting the Use of Information and Communication Technology
- Module 10 : Supporting Play and Learning
- Module 11 : Supporting Pupils with Disabilities and Special Education Needs
- Module 12 : Supporting Gifted and Talented Pupils
- Module 13 : Working With Children Who Don’t Have English as a First Language
- Module 14 : Managing Behaviour, Providing Pastoral Support and Engaging in Personal Development
- Module 15: Engaging Parents in Their Children’s Learning
- Module 16: Planning and Delivering Learning Activities Under the Direction of the Teacher
- Module 17: Leading Extracurricular Activities
- Module 18: Working Effectively as a Team and Promoting Good Working Relationships
- Module 19: Confidentiality, Equal Opportunities, Safeguarding, Promoting Equality & Diversity With Students
- Module 20: Health, Safety and First Aid
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices