This online Suppository Administration training course provides carers and nursing staff guidance on the administration of suppositories, medication, and protective measures.
This Suppository Administration course is great for any care worker who may need to provide care to a person with medication by this route.
Learners will be taught the preparation steps and equipment required for administering suppositories, how to administer medications, the protective measures to be taken, different insertion methods, and identify the correct method of insertion.
Upon successful completion, learners will gain a downloadable and printable Suppository Administration certificate.
Upon completion of this online Suppository Administration training, learners should know and understand the following:
- List the preparation steps and the equipment required for administering suppositories.
How to administer medication
- Understand how to administer medications using a rectal suppository for absorption in rectal mucosa.
The protective measures
- Describe the protective measures to be taken along with patient safety and care needs.
- Discuss the different insertion methods and identify the correct method of insertion.Course Outline
The aim of this online Suppository Administration training course is to greater increase your knowledge of catheterisation.The key points covered in this course are
- Administering suppositories
- How to administer medication
- The protective measures
- Insertion methods
This course takes between 1-2 hours to complete and gain your certificate.Entry and Level:
There are no barriers to entry on this training online course. This is an awareness course, suitable for all.Certification:
On completion of this online course, either download your certificate or access it at a later date online. Accreditation:
This course is CPD accredited and delivered by a Skills for Care endorsed provider. It meets accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.