This Suction and Nebuliser training course is designed to teach and train healthcare professionals how to properly and competently use this equipment in all aspects of care.
The Oral Suction training course is designed for registered nurses, healthcare professionals, and support workers working in areas where suctioning and the use of a nebuliser are required.
On completion of this online Suction and Nebuliser training course, the learner will be able to identify what suctioning is, identify the different types of suctioning, identify the purpose of suctioning, be familiar with the equipment that can be used during suctioning and recognise changes that may occur with a patient. Learners will also be aware of how to position a patient during suctioning, be familiar with the practical procedure and know the importance of infection control during suctioning.
On completion of this Suction and Nebuliser online training course, learners should know and understand the following:
What is suctioning
- Identify what suctioning is, the different types and the purpose of suctioning
- Be familiar with the equipment that can be used during suctioning, including a nebuliser machine
Changes in the patient
- Learn and be able to recognise changes that may occur with a patient during suctioning
Positioning of the patient
- Be aware of how to position a patient during suctioning
- Be familiar with the practical procedure of suctioning
- Be able to learn and discuss different ways of gaining consent
What to document
- Learn what to document during the process of suctioning
- Learn and identify the possible risks of suctioning
Importance of infection control
- Learn the importance of infection control during suctioningCourse Outline
The aim of this Suction and Nebuliser Training Course is to greater increase your knowledge of suctioning and how to use a nebuliser.The key points covered in this course are:
- What is suctioning
- Changes in the patient
- Positioning of the patient
- Practical procedure
- Gaining consent
- What to document
- Possible risks
- Importance of infection control
This course takes between 1-2 hours to complete and gain your certificate.Entry and Level:
There are no barriers to entry on this training online course. This is an awareness course, suitable for all.Certification:
On completion of this online course, either download your certificate or access it at a later date online. Accreditation:
This course is CPD accredited and delivered by a Skills for Care endorsed provider. It meets accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.