This course is about the misuse and abuse of substances such as drugs and alcohol that are used to change a person's state of body or mind, for reasons other than a medical need. Substance misuse often leads to addiction, which can be defined as the continuing and compulsive misuse of substances despite physical and/or psychological harm to the user, family or society and includes both legal and illegal substances.
The term 'substance abuse' is now often used because of the broad range of substances (including alcohol and inhalants) that are addictive. This course explores Psychological dependence and Physical dependence.
Half Day : Online Course
Courses Include 12 Months Unlimited Online Access to:Expert Online Training:
Our courses use only the industry’s finest instructors. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations:
Our courseware includes demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor.Navigation and Controls:
These self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.Certificate of Completion:
Upon completion of your training course, you will receive a Certificate of completion displaying your full name, course completed as well as the date of completion. You can print this out or save it digitally to showcase your accomplishment. LEARNING OUTCOME
- Causes and Types of Substance Misuse
- Explain the major social, personal and medical factors that can lead to substance misuse
- Discus the patterns of misuse that often occur, the types of dependence that substance misuse can lead to and the stages of substance misuse that lead to addiction
- Describe the range of substances commonly misused and their effects
- Signs and Effects of Substance Misuse
- Explain the physical, behavioural and psychological signs of substance misuse
- Describe the effects of substance misuse on health
- Treatment, Rehabilitation and Legal Issues
- Explain the principles behind the range of treatments used with individuals who misuse substances
- Identify the range of treatments, the purpose of rehabilitation and tips for helping individuals remain drug-free
- Explain the main legislation relating to substance misuse including the National Harm Reduction Strategy
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.