Workplace accidents can have serious consequences for both the casualty and their organization. It is important that both employees and their employers understand the risks associated with working from height and that they know how to use equipment in a safe, appropriate manner. An individual can sustain an injury falling just a couple of meters. They can also suffer a back injury if they fail to take precautions when moving and positioning equipment.
Stepladders are used frequently in the workplace, so it is essential that employees know when and how to use them. This course will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the risks associated with stepladders, how to put in place effective precautionary measures, and how to ensure that equipment is fit for purpose. Not all accidents are preventable, but when everyone knows how to work safely, the majority of incidents can be avoided.
You Will Learn:
- Why you need to take the risk of accidents and injury seriously and why the proper use of stepladders should be of concern to all employees and employers.
- How to assess whether a stepladder is the most appropriate form of equipment for a task and the factors you must take into consideration when conducting a risk assessment.
- How to check that a stepladder is fit for purpose, how to spot the signs that indicate it should be withdrawn from use and how to ensure that a faulty piece of equipment is not used by mistake.
- What you need to remember when working with a stepladder, including how to position your body and work effectively with tools whilst carrying out a task.
- How to move and store a stepladder safely and securely, taking into account its material, intended purpose, and points of structural vulnerability.
Benefits of Taking this Course
- You will be able to use a stepladder confidently and safely, both at home and in the workplace.
- You will be able to offer guidance to others who are inexperienced in stepladder use.
- You will have a greater understanding of health and safety concerns at work, which is especially beneficial if you are in a management or HR role.
- You will be in a position to advise your organization regarding stepladder and work at height policies, which may make an appreciable difference to the number of accidents recorded at your place of work.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: The Importance of Stepladder Safety
- Module 2: When is a Stepladder the Most Appropriate Piece of Equipment?
- Module 3: What Should You Check Before Using a Stepladder?
- Module 4: Using a Stepladder Safely
- Module 5: How to Store and Handle a Stepladder
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers/devices
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.