Are you looking to improve your prospects in retail management or maybe you are looking to join this exciting industry, this course may be just what you have been looking for. The retail management course is brimming with information and offers a host of benefits, all with the convenience of distance learning, enabling you to learn anywhere and at any time.
Introduction to Retail Management Course
The retail management course is an information packed course that is offered one hundred percent online, so no need to travel to a classroom; you get to study in the comfort of your own home.
The great thing with studying the retail management course online is that you can access the information packed modules from any device. This enables you to study at home using your computer or laptop or travelling to and from work, using your tablet or phone. Each module is brimming with useful information, making it easy to learn and gain the insight you need to enjoy a successful career in this industry.
You will receive an industry recognised certificate once you have completed your training and passed the multiple choice test. You can choose to download and print your certificate immediately.
What you will learn
This course is brimming with informative and interesting learning modules, each one designed to teach you everything you need to know about retail management so you can take what you have learned to the office with you and start using your new knowledge without delay. Some of the things you can expect to learn include:
- Gain an insight into retail management, what it is and why it is important.
- Understand the importance of merchandising and pricing within the business. Get information on what this is and what it entails to ensure success moving forward.
- Learn about sales, working at a point of sale, attitude, service and more.
- Identify the different customer behaviours you need to know to ensure you provide your clients with the best service at all times.
- Learn about customer behavioural trends, how to target customers and collect information to help you appeal to your customer base on a daily basis.
- Gain insight into customer communication and how important this is to your success.
- Understand the retail environment and what to expect. What you should and shouldn't do and so much more.
- Learn how to build a long term relationship with your customers, how to form and maintain a relationship in the long run.
- Identify the importance of stock management and how to manage your stock effectively.
- Get insider knowledge into choosing an effective store location to ensure success.
- Learn the importance of proper store layout and design, along with some insider tips to take advantage of.
- Understand the logistics of supplying and receiving stock.
- Learn about various retail security systems and procedures you should have in place.
- Identify how to build a successful team and the importance of team communication.
- Learn about multi-channel retailing and retail marketing and how this can help you boost the business and achieve success.
- Understand the importance of brand management.
- Learn the essential health and safety procedures you must have in place at all times.
- Learn the trading constitution and customer laws relating to your business.
There are so many benefits to completing this retail management course online, these include:
- Fast track your career with the knowledge, insight and information you will learn by completing this course.
- Enjoy the convenience of being awarded an industry recognised certification on successful completion and passing.
- Have potential employers confirm your credentials by using the unique verifiable code on your certificate.
- Enjoy the convenience of studying from anywhere at any time, using any device.
- Study online at your own pace and in your own time.
- Get lifetime access to your learning modules.
- Have online support.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 19 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: A Short Introduction to the Concept of Retail Management
- Module 2 : Understanding the Role of Merchandising and Pricing
- Module 3 : The Sales Process and Dealing with Customers at the Checkout
- Module 4 : Getting to Grips with Consumer Behaviour
- Module 5 : Taking Trends and Targeting Customers Effectively
- Module 6 : The Importance of Communicating with Customers
- Module 7 : Getting to Grips with the Retail Environment
- Module 8 : Buying Products and Building that Relationship
- Module 9 : Dealing with the Management of Stock
- Module 10 : Selecting the Store Location
- Module 11 : The Psychology of the Retail Layout
- Module 12 : Dealing with Suppliers and Receiving Goods
- Module 13 : Considering Security and Security Procedures
- Module 14 : Getting your Team Together and Communicating
- Module 15: Selling in Multiple Channels
- Module 16: The Keys to Basic Retail Marketing
- Module 17: Managing Your Brand
- Module 18: Health & Safety for Retail Stores
- Module 19: Customer Rights and Your Position as a Trader
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major devices / browsers