Now, more than ever, attracting and retaining the right type of staff is vital to the ongoing success of your business. High turnover, poor morale, and employees who fail to pull their weight can all be issues if you do not spend the time and money necessary to recruit properly. Understanding the various recruitment strategies available to you can help you find the best possible employees.
This course provides you with comprehensive information about the various recruitment strategies that are available to you as a company owner. It begins by introducing you to the topic of recruitment, along with why it is an important area to focus on.
Next, the course covers the options available to you in terms of recruitment methods.
It also covers the best ways in which to find ideal candidates for an open position.
Finally, the course covers interview styles that you may wish to incorporate into your own hiring practices.
You Will Learn:
- How to write a job description;
- Details about choosing the right amount of compensation for open positions;
- Information about three of the most popular recruitment options;
- Information on where to place your job adverts, in order to guarantee success;
- The ethical and legal considerations that you need to keep in mind;
- Information about the most common interview style that is used today;
Benefits of Taking this Course
- Learning about the first steps that you need to take, in order to ensure successful recruitment;
- Understanding the differences between and benefits of direct hiring, turning to a recruitment agency, and using a headhunter to fill open positions;
- Learning how to conduct due diligence on applicants to whom you are considering extending a job offer;
- Gaining knowledge about the legislative requirements governing the recruitment and hiring process, including information about anti-discrimination laws that you need to know;
- Learning about additional interviewing styles, including competency interviews and behavioral interviews, along with the benefits of each approach.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.