The ability to inspire, engage and enthuse others with your words and passion is a vital tool for leadership, sales and virtually all aspects of business. Great public speakers are able to communicate in a way which captures attention and drives action. Conversely, poor public speakers can damage their own reputation as an expert and tarnish others’ opinion of the organisation they represent.
While we all know how to speak, it is a common mistake to assume the same methods can effectively transmit important ideas and persuasive content to large groups of people. Public speaking is a skill, not a natural talent, and most people are petrified of it simply because they have never been taught how to do it well.
Set aside your fears and calm your nerves while you learn exactly how to master the art and science of persuasive public speaking. This course has been designed for anybody wishing to improve their confidence and capability in this essential business and personal skill. The information presented is supported with practical opportunities to enhance the skills, aptitudes and emotional mastery needed to successfully wow your audience.
By taking this course you will learn the methods, tools and knowledge needed to successfully present your ideas and expertise to an audience of any size. This course takes you on a journey through the essential knowledge, psychology, practical steps and personal development needed to optimise your public speaking performance. Worksheets, quizzes, tests and interactive exercises are provided to support your learning and enhance your abilities.
What you will learn:
- How to prepare yourself emotionally and practically to deliver a great speech
- Methods to enhance your credibility, authority and appeal as a public speaker
- Planning tools and preparation techniques which enhance the quality of your speech
- How to use your voice and body to authentically connect with your audience
- Best practices for opening and closing speeches to optimise their effectiveness
- Psychological techniques which help you relax and influence your audience
- How to prepare presentation materials and visual aids suitable for your audience
Benefits of taking this course:
- Learn how to identify and overcome the common fears and anxiety associated with public speaking
- Gather practical experience, feedback and data which will improve your skills and confidence
- Identify and upgrade your vocal qualities to make your delivery more interesting and appealing
- Receive detailed processes and emotional guidance to support speech preparation and delivery
- Develop your own unique style of presenting which allows your personality and expertise to shine
Taking this course will empower you to calmly and confidently speak in public in ways which your audience will greatly appreciate. The power of successfully captivating and inspiring crowds of people cannot be underestimated. Learn how to be an effective and enjoyable public speaker.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course. What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience. Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move! Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing. What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course. When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.