Once a project officially kicks-off, it enters the development stage. This is essentially the phase at which the project begins to slowly materialize, with team members actively working towards achieving the goal. At this point, stakeholders have been consulted, the project has been pitched and accepted, and it is now time to move into the development phase.
During the development stage, a project will go through its conception, initiation, implementation, and follow-up phases. At some point during the development stage, team members will begin to create test scenarios, which will lead to the testing phase. The testing phase is the examination and investigation period of a project, which is intended to inform stakeholders of performance levels and allow them to evaluate potential failure risks.
In this course, we will identify and study the key aspects that are needed for the successful completion of a project and the importance of project testing.
What You Will Learn
- The phases of project development: initiation, planning, design, execution, implementation, testing, and monitoring
- How to develop a project concept
- The importance of time and communication management
- The need for project testing
The benefits of this course are:
- You will understand the phases of project development and testing, which will help in building a proper project plan
- You will learn how to put together a project concept easily and effectively
- You will learn how to implement a time and communication management plan that will help team members stay on track
- You will understand the importance of project testing and what happens if parts of the project are neglected
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: The Seven Phases of Project Development
- Module 02: How to Develop a Project Concept
- Module 03: The Important Role of Time Management and Communication
- Module 04: The Need for Project Testing
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes -
Compatibility: All major browsers/devices