The Painting and Decorating Diploma course is designed for individuals who would like to work in the decorating industry. This course is filled with information that will put you on the right path to starting a career in this field.
Painting and decorating is a broad industry, which provides students with a wide range of possible skills to learn. As you work your way through this course, you will gain a full overview of the skills you will need to learn to work in the painting and decorating business, and how you can start your own business.
Introduction to the Painting and Decorating Diploma Course
This is an online course, which provides students with the unique ability to study the curriculum in their own time and at their own pace. Most students can continue working full time and finish the course in a reasonable amount of time.
The course is accessible from any internet-enabled device and you will receive online support while you train. Furthermore, you will find the course to be incredibly easy to go through thanks to the flexible modules.
Upon course completion, you will be required to complete and pass a multiple-choice exam and then you will be awarded your certificate. You can download and print the certificate from home.
What You Will Learn
The Painting and Decorating Diploma course has been written to give students a full overview of the industry and will put you on the fast track to success. The course covers the following:
- What a painter and decorator does
- The common tools, equipment, adhesives, paints and varnishes
- The risks you may face in the industry
- Information about personal protective equipment
- How to store and clean up your equipment
- How to set up an emergency plan
- How to identify different wall surfaces
- How to paint and prepare different surfaces
- How to cut and apply wallpaper
- How to measure, cut and lay tiles
- What it takes to run your own business
- Resources for small business owners
Benefits of the Painting and Decorating Course
There are several benefits that students will experience when taking the painting and decorating diploma course.
These include the following:
- The ability to study from anywhere there is an internet connection, at any time that is convenient for you.
- Study at your own pace. There is no time limit, so if it takes you days or months, you can still complete the course.
- You can study from any device including a tablet, PC or mobile phone.
- Short, easy to manage course modules.
- Online support to help you stay on track.
- Learn through a comprehensive syllabus, which guarantees that you receive the knowledge necessary to become a painting and decorating professional.
- Improving your prospects while applying for work in the field.
- Receive a verifiable and recognised certificate.
- An affordable pricing structure.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Introduction to Painting and Decorating
- Module 2 : Health and Safety in the Painting and Decorating Industry
- Module 3 : Painting: The Basics
- Module 4 : Painting and Wallpapering
- Module 5 : Tiling, and Owning Your Own Business
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major devices and browsers