Are you naturally inclined toward holistic health treatments? This specially designed course on aromatherapy provides all the information you’ll need in order to understand aromatherapy. Aromatherapy is now increasingly recognised for its potential to promote health and wellbeing. By using the right essential oils, you can help release stress and aid relaxation.
As with all holistic procedures, it’s important to be familiar with the principles of aromatherapy and the properties of each essential oil. There are hundreds of essential oils and each one has its own set of distinctive characteristics as well as contra-indications.
This course on aromatherapy provides in-depth information on the unique properties of every essential oil and how they should be used.
What You Will Learn
- How essential oils are extracted and prepared for use in their concentrated forms including enfleurage, hydro-distillation, percolation and so on
- Composition of essential oils and types of essential oils based on individual composition and extraction processes
- Unique properties of commonly used oils in aromatherapy and how you should choose the right one for your requirements
- The correct techniques to follow while blending essential oils for the best results
- How to create special recipes with aromatherapy oils for different requirements and how every essential oil possesses different healing properties
Benefits of the British Cleaning Certification Award (BCCA)
- You can offer professional aromatherapy treatments to clients and establish a successful career
- If you wish to make your own essential oils, you can contribute to safety in handmade products
- In-depth study of essential oils can help you implement precautions during massage or aromatherapy procedures
- You can do this as a stand-alone course or in addition to other holistic health courses
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 8 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: What is Aromatherapy
- Module 02: The Chemistry of Oils
- Module 03: How to Choose Essential Oils
- Module 04: How to Blend Essential Oils
- Module 05: Recipes
- Module 06: Storage
- Module 07: The Starter Kit
- Module 08: Starting an Aromatherapy Business
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices