This Pharmacy Assistant course will introduce you to multiple aspects of the pharmacy sector.
The ten modules will stimulate your interest in the field of pharmacy. Every aspiring pharmacy assistant can develop his or her personal niche and will have early opportunities to improve their efficacy and competence in the field.
Pharmacy is a unique and enterprising field and you can look forward to enjoying a meaningful and exciting career. The role of a pharmacy is a crucial one and it contributes to the healthcare system in several valuable ways. As an assistant pharmacist, you will enjoy opportunities to interact with patients and dispense medications in line with prescriptions issued by a certified health professional. You will also be in charge of managing stocks, advising patients on dosage regimes, benefits and side-effects of medication and so on.
This course is designed to give you a solid foundation on which you can begin your career as a pharmacy assistant. It will explain work environments, salaries and career advancement, and learning about these topics will help you make an informed career decision.
What you will learn
The course covers these key areas in details, plus much more:
- An introduction to the field of pharmacy and how it plays a pivotal role in the UK’s healthcare system.
- As an assistant, you will be working together with a pharmacy team. You will learn all about the different members of the team.
- How to develop your customer service skills.
- Checking and management of stocks in a pharmacy: Pharmacy assistants are often in charge of tracking and managing stocks in a pharmacy.
- The role of a pharmacy assistant: You will be expected to execute multiple tasks and responsibilities, including management of prescriptions, dispensation of medication, interacting with customers and ordering supplies.
- Regulations, health and safety in a pharmacy: There are certain standards of health and safety that are governed by regulations which you will need to follow.
- Prescriptions: You will learn how to read and interpret prescriptions and how to avoid mistakes. The course also covers risk assessment and error prevention.
- You will learn how to report problems and issues to the pharmacist.
Benefits of the Pharmacy Assistant Diploma
Any student who enrols on this course will find the following features beneficial:
- The ability to study from any location as long as you have an internet connection.
- The ability to work at a pace that is comfortable for the individual student. The course doesn’t impose time limits, so the student can take days, weeks or months to successfully complete the course.
- The option to study from any internet connected device, including a laptop, PC or mobile phone.
- Course modules that are easy to manage, making the entire process enjoyable.
- Continued support to help enhance your training.
- Ability to access a full syllabus to help you stay on track.
- Enhance your job application by adding the skill to your resume.
- Pass the test and receive a certified diploma.
- Affordable tuition costs.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: How to become a Pharmacy Assistant
- Module 2: How to become a Pharmacy Assistant The Pharmacy Team and Practices (Part I)
- Module 3: How to become a Pharmacy Assistant The Pharmacy Team and Practices (Part II)
- Module 4: How to become a Pharmacy Assistant Communication in Pharmacy Settings
- Module 5: Pharmacy Assistant Patient Counselling Guide
- Module 6 : Job Role and Responsibilities and Patient Record Maintenance in a Pharmacy
- Module 7 : Fundamentals of Prescription and Drug Dispensation
- Module 8 : Different Dispensing Methods, Electronic Prescription Service, How to Minimise Dispensation Errors
- Module 9 : Stock Management in Pharmacies
- Module 10 : Health and Safety Risks Assessment and Pharmaceutical Terminology
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices