Pet Psychology is a very in-demand industry right now with pet owners around the world looking for behavioural experts to assist them with their beloved family pet. This training course is designed to provide you with all the knowledge you need to enjoy a successful and enjoyable career in pet psychology and make a difference to many pet owners and their furry friends on a daily basis.
Introduction to the Pet Psychology Diploma
The pet psychology diploma has been designed to provide you with a wealth of knowledge and information regarding animal behaviours and how to deal with them. This course will help you to push yourself forward in your chosen career with the ability to study at any time from anywhere using any device, as long as you have an internet connection.
This online training course enables you to study in your spare time at your own pace, while working a full time job. There is no need to take time off work and travel to a classroom; all the modules are easily accessed online for added convenience.
The pet psychology diploma has been broken down into manageable modules which should take no more than thirteen hours to complete; this is combined with online support to provide you with added confidence during your learning experience.
What You Will Learn
The pet psychology diploma is broken into numerous modules, each one providing you with valuable information and insight and helping you learn what you need to succeed in this career moving forward.
- Understand what animal psychology is and why you need to know more about it.
- Learn the historical background of pet psychology and how it can be used today.
- Identify why you should learn about animal behaviours.
- Identify animals' different vision abilities.
- Learn about concept formation, what it is and how to use it.
- Compare the brains of humans to dogs and see what sets them apart.
- Learn more about the brains of cats and dogs.
- Understand the emotions exhibited by pets and how to handle them.
- Get a good understanding of conditioning, its history, what it is and past experiments.
- Identify spatial abilities in animals and also learn how they navigate.
- Learn more about pet communication.
- Get a good understanding of human language training in working with pets.
- Learn about animal training and its history.
- Know typical dog behaviours and how they change as the pet gets older. Identify with puppy behaviours and more.
- This module will also cover how dogs learn and what reinforcement is and why it is so important when it comes to dog training.
- Understand more about dog communication and dog aggression, fears and phobias.
- Identify with psychiatric dog behaviours and how to work with them.
- Learn about cat communications and actions.
- Learn the psychiatric challenges in cats.
- Learn about cat aggression and fears.
- Get an understanding of aggression and fears in rabbits.
- Learn more about gerbils and working with them.
Benefits of the Pet Psychology Diploma
There are numerous benefits to completing the pet psychology diploma online. These include:
- Study from anywhere using any device with internet connection.
- Study online at your own pace, enabling you to work full time and study after hours to complete your diploma.
- Enjoy online support throughout your studying experience.
- Comprehensive modules designed to provide you with all you need to know when it comes to pet psychology.
- Easy to manage modules.
- Approximately fifteen hours to complete. Complete in a few days or a few weeks, it is up to you how long you take to complete the diploma.
- Industry recognized certification on successful completion.
- Download and print certificate as soon as you receive confirmation that you have passed.
- No entry requirements.
- Affordable price.
- In demand profession – fast track your career.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 25 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 12 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: A Course on Pet Psychology
- Module 2 : Why Learn About Animal Behaviour?
- Module 3 : How Animals See the World/Animal Vision
- Module 4 : Concept Formation
- Module 5 : About Animals’ Brains
- Module 6 : Basic Emotional and Motivational Processes and Social Emotions
- Module 7 : Conditioning
- Module 8 : Spatial Reasoning
- Module 9 : Language and Animals
- Module 10 : History of Animal Training
- Module 11 : Typical Dog Behaviour
- Module 12 : How Dogs Learn
- Module 13 : Understanding Dog Communication
- Module 14 : Learning about Dog Actions
- Module 15: Dog Fears and Phobias & Aggression
- Module 16: Training Dogs: More on How Dogs Learn
- Module 17: Biobehavioural Monitoring in Dogs
- Module 18: Understanding Typical Canine Psychiatric Behaviours
- Module 19: Learning About Cat Communication
- Module 20: What Feline Actions Mean
- Module 21: Feline Actions
- Module 22: Feline Psychiatric Challenges
- Module 23: Cat Anxiety, Fear and Aggression
- Module 24: Understanding Rabbits and Rabbit Psychology
- Module 25: Understanding Hamsters and Gerbils
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices