This online Oxygen Therapy course is intended to provide an understanding of the fundamental principles of oxygen therapy for anyone who may come into contact with oxygen in healthcare settings or in their work as healthcare practitioners or nurses.
On completion of this online Oxygen Therapy training course, the learner will know what oxygen therapy is, why you would use oxygen therapy, when to use oxygen therapy by recognising changes in the resident, who would prescribe oxygen therapy, how to administer oxygen therapy, the equipment used during oxygen therapy, the risks of oxygen therapy, the documentation needed for oxygen therapy and how to improve quality of life for residents using oxygen equipment.
Oxygen can be used for a variety of purposes in the medical treatment of both chronic and acute cases, whether in the hospital, in pre-hospital settings, or as part of entirely out-of-hospital care, but it will depend on the needs of each patient and the opinion of the medical professionals responsible for their care.
On completion of this Oxygen Therapy online training course, learners should know and understand the following:
What is oxygen therapy
- Learn and understand what oxygen therapy is
Why use oxygen therapy
- Learn and understand why you should use oxygen therapy
When to use oxygen therapy
- Learn and understand when to use oxygen therapy by recognising changes in the resident
Who prescribes oxygen therapy?
- Learn who would be able to prescribe oxygen therapy to a patient
Administering oxygen therapy
- Learn and understand how to administer oxygen therapy
The equipment required
- Be able to identify what equipment is needed to perform oxygen therapy
Risks of oxygen therapy
- Learn the risks of oxygen therapy through observations including staff, transporting and storing risks
- Learn and identify the documentation needed for oxygen therapy
How to improve quality of life
- Learn how to improve the quality of life for residents using oxygen equipmentCourse Outline
The aim of this Oxygen Therapy training course is to greater increase your knowledge of oxygen therapy.The key points covered in this course are:
- What is oxygen therapy
- Why use oxygen therapy
- When to use oxygen therapy
- Who prescribes oxygen therapy
- Administering oxygen therapy
- The equipment required
- Risks of oxygen therapy
- How to improve quality of life
This course takes between 1-2 hours to complete and gain your certificate.Entry and Level:
There are no barriers to entry on this training online course. This is an awareness course, suitable for all.Certification:
On completion of this online course, either download your certificate or access it at a later date online. Accreditation:
This course is CPD accredited and delivered by a Skills for Care endorsed provider. It meets accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.