This course on Operations Management is an ideal choice for those looking to broaden their knowledge in the field of operations and equip themselves with the skills that they need to progress their career in this area. Split into ten comprehensive, intuitive and easy to follow modules, the course covers the full life cycle of the operations management process and provides you with a detailed understanding of the key disciplines in the sector.
The first module will provide you with an overarching general introduction to operations management and each subsequent module will focus on two or three specific areas, giving you all of the information and detail that you need to hit the ground running in the profession. The course covers a good range of specific and technical operations information and also more general management principles with the aim of giving you a broad and all-encompassing knowledge in the field.
The course is designed for anybody already working as an Operations Manager or anybody thinking of making a career move into the field. It is particularly useful for those who have previous experience within operations and are thinking of taking the next step into management. However, the course has been specifically designed to require no previous knowledge of the sector.
What you will learn
This course covers these key areas in detail, plus much more:
- An introduction to operations management, including its purpose and key principles, as well as a brief history of the discipline and an examination of what successful operations management looks like.
- The key technical skills and personal attributes that you need to become a good Operations Manager and how to develop a career in the field.
- A definition of supply chain management and specific information relating to the sub-areas of purchasing and inventory.
- A further analysis of supply chain management, including the roles of product development, design, distribution and marketing.
- How to ensure good quality across the different phases of operations management, including quality standards and dealing with legal regulations.
- The parallels between operations management and project management, how to structure your own operations projects and the use of new project methodologies such as Six Sigma, lean production and continuous improvement.
- An overview of the different types of employment and worker statutes found in the operations sector, including the use of contractors and subcontractors.
- Effective methods of managing people, including employees, contractors and suppliers, and your legal responsibilities towards these parties.
- The financial aspect of operations management, including dealing with cost management and ways to reduce costs throughout the organisation, plus how to work with common financial documents such as budgets, balance sheets and asset registers.
- The importance of sustainability and environmentally friendly initiatives and how operations management can support this area.
- How to draw up a robust corporate social responsibility strategy for your organisation.
- Common reasons for disputes and ways to avoid and resolve conflict.
Benefits of taking the course
- The ability to study from home, or anywhere with a convenient internet connection.
- Study at a pace that is comfortable for you. Since there is no time limit for this course, you will complete your studies, regardless of how long it takes you.
- You can study training material on any device including computers, tablets, or mobile phones.
- The ability to easily manage modules and understand course structure.
- Convenient online support available while you train.
- The opportunity to access a comprehensive syllabus that will assist you in acquiring the knowledge necessary to fast track you in the process to becoming an Operations Manager.
- The opportunity to gain prospects while applying for work or other opportunities in the industry.
- A certified and recognised certificate upon successful course completion.
- An affordable pricing structure.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 14 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: An Introduction to Successful Operations Management
- Module 2: Supply Chain Management Part 1 – Purchasing and Inventory
- Module 3: Supply Chain Management Part 2 – Product Development and Production
- Module 4: Supply Chain Management Part 3 – Product Distribution and Marketing
- Module 5: Finance and Managing Costs
- Module 6: Working with Employees, Contractors and Other Workers
- Module 7: An Introduction to Project Management
- Module 8: More Project Methodologies in Operations Management
- Module 9: Maintaining Quality in Operations Management
- Module 10: Socially and Environmentally Responsible Operations Management
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices