The Online Security Certificate Course develops the knowledge and skills necessary to stay protected online. This course is full of information that will help you and your family to use the internet safely and protect your personal information.
Internet security is a booming industry, with the continued rise in cyber threats, it is important to know how to stay safe online. This course will provide you with a comprehensive overview of what you need to know about online security.
This online course offers you the ability to study the curriculum whenever it is convenient. Many students who take the course are working full time, and are still able to finish in a reasonable amount of time. As this is an online course, study material can be easily accessed across any device with a valid internet connection. During your training, you will also have access to our online support feature.
Upon finishing the course, you must complete and pass a multiple choice exam, after which you will be awarded your certificate.
What You Will Learn
- An introduction to online security
- What it means to work in the cyber security industry
- Understanding why we need online security
- Email history, passwords, and account security
- The key terms and concepts associated with online security
- Dealing with spam
- How to prevent your web address from being shared
- The skills necessary to protect networks and personal information
- Protecting social media security and security maintenance
- Dealing with disasters.
Benefits of the Online Security Certificate
- The option to study from anywhere that has an internet connection at any time, from home, or work.
- You can study at your own pace. There is no time limit, so if it takes days, weeks, or months, you can still complete the course.
- You can study from any internet-enabled device including a tablet, PC, or mobile phone.
- Easily manageable short course modules makes studying more enjoyable.
- Convenient online support is available to help keep you on track while you study.
- Learning through a comprehensive syllabus, helps you to gain the knowledge necessary to start your career in online security.
- Improving your prospects while applying for work in your industry.
- Upon completion of the course, you earn a certified and recognised certificate.
- An affordable pricing structure.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 6 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1 : Email History, Account Security and Passwords
- Module 2 : Account Security Questions and Recognising Phishing Attempts
- Module 3 : Dealing with Spam and Preventing your Address from being Shared
- Module 4 : Protecting Personal Information, Social Media Security and Security Maintenance
- Module 5 : Dealing with a Disaster
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major devices and browsers