Onboarding is the process of introducing a new employee to your company’s culture, procedures and policies. It is a very important part of the recruitment process across positions and industries.
Investing in your onboarding practices is the best way in which to ensure that all your new employees are productive and efficient members of your organisation. Repeat studies show that companies with a robust onboarding policy have higher levels of employee satisfaction and much lower turnover rates. There are numerous benefits to learning onboarding best practices and implementing them at your place of work.
This course goes into detail about the best practices in onboarding, ensuring the success of the individual you hire as well as your organisation.
We begin by talking about onboarding in general terms, giving you an introduction to the concept.
Next, we discuss the important role that your human resources department plays in the onboarding process. The different ways in which you can approach onboarding are also covered, including the three most popular choices in the UK.
Finally, the essential elements of any onboarding programme are reviewed.
What You Will Learn
- When you should start the onboarding process
- How the Human Resources department can help you improve your onboarding procedures
- The reasons why many companies opt to deliver onboarding programmes themselves
- Why bringing in third parties for onboarding is not always ideal
- How to best format your onboarding programmes
- Why you should focus on making these programmes interactive and engaging
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- Understanding where to begin with the onboarding process
- How and when to evaluate the progress of your new staff members
- Why using technological onboarding tools are typically
recommended, and how they make the process easier
- When to offer onboarding to existing employees
- How to design your programmes, to appeal to all learning types
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: What is Onboarding
- Module 02: The Role of HR in Onboarding
- Module 03: Onboarding Approaches
- Module 04: Onboarding Programme Essentials
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers/devices