More than 450 million people around the world live with diabetes. Diabetes and obesity often go hand-in-hand. It’s very important to help clients with diabetes lose weight and improve their fitness levels. Losing weight helps reduce fat stores in the body, and muscle training helps improve insulin resistance. People with diabetes should consider being mindful of what they consume, as proper nutrition can help them achieve their fitness goals faster.
As a fitness trainer, you can help your clients better control and manage their diabetes. By working together with your client’s healthcare team, you can help them enjoy maximum benefits from fitness training. People with diabetes can benefit from a combination of a healthy diet and regular exercise. It is important for fitness trainers to be aware of how nutrition affects diabetes in different ways.
What You Will Learn
- The symptoms of diabetes and the differences between Type I and Type II diabetes
- The basic principles of nutrition, and how to eat well for health and wellbeing
- Nutritional strategies to manage and control blood sugar levels
- The effect of different nutrients on blood sugar levels
- Foods to include and avoid in the diet
- How to help clients with diabetes achieve healthy weight loss and build muscle
Benefits of Taking This Course
You can benefit from the ‘Nutrition for Diabetes’ course in several ways:
- You will become familiar with how to advise clients with diabetes
- You will be able to answer basic questions regarding nutrition for diabetes and the do’s and don’ts in terms of recommended foods
- You will be in a better position to work with your clients’ healthcare teams
- You will be able to plan and structure workouts around your client’s health requirements
Fitness trainers will often need to work with clients who live with diabetes. It’s a good idea to become more aware of nutrition for diabetes to obtain a better understanding of your client’s requirements.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices