Nursing assistants enjoy exciting and rewarding careers in the field of healthcare and are valued members of the medical team. They form a crucial part of the healthcare system in the UK and facilitate effective delivery of healthcare in different institutions such as hospitals, clinics, hospices, eldercare homes and private homes.
Nursing Assistants provide invaluable services including ambulatory, hygiene and adjunct care among other duties. They report to the nurse and are responsible for a wide range of tasks.
This course is designed to provide information on different aspects of becoming a nursing assistant.
What you will learn
- The roles and responsibilities of a nursing assistant as well as the science and art of care giving.
- How to provide meals and how to feed patents who require assistance.
- About safety procedures while handling patients as well as infection control procedures that help minimise the outbreak of disease.
- How to record the vital signs and how to report the information to the supervising nurse.
- How to provide care for patients with specific needs including patients with dementia or Alzheimer’s.
- How to handle emergency situations.
- As a nursing assistant, you will also become familiar with recognition, management and reporting of pain in patients and promoting adequate sleep and rest.
- About communication and relationship-building skills that will help you offer exceptional services to patients and their families.
- Lastly, the course will provide tips on preparing a CV and attending interviews as well suggest ways to look for suitable job opportunities.
Benefits of taking the course
- The ability to study anywhere at times that suit you
- Study at your own pace, with no deadlines: complete it as quickly or as slowly as you like
- Use any internet enabled device to study on, including computers, tablets and mobile phones
- Follow the course easily thanks to interesting, informative modules, which make studying fun
- A convenient online support system, helping you to stay on track throughout the course
- A comprehensive curriculum, providing you with the knowledge you need to work in the healthcare sector
- Earn a certified, recognised diploma
- An affordable cost
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 12 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1 : Introduction, Roles, Responsibilities and Duties of a Nursing Assistant
- Module 2 : Nursing Care and Principles and Dress Code
- Module 3 : Working in Different Healthcare Settings
- Module 4 : Patient Confidentiality, Recognising Different Forms of Abusive Behaviour and Understanding Patient Needs
- Module 5 : Developing Cultural Sensitivity and Communication Skills
- Module 6 : Infection Control, Cleanliness and Hygiene (Part I)
- Module 7 : Infection Control, Cleanliness and Hygiene (Part II)
- Module 8 : Good Body Mechanics: How to Lift, Push and Pull
- Module 9 : Understanding Risk Factors and Preventing Injuries and Accidents
- Module 10 : How to Maintain a Comfortable Environment and Bed-Making in Healthcare Settings
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices