Nursery Assistant Certificate Course Description
Working with children is one of the most rewarding careers a person can have. There are many ways you can become professionally involved in a child’s education.
One such position is working as a nursery assistant. These individuals are responsible for working with babies and toddlers. Part of your job may include playing with the children in your care, developing lesson plans and communicating with parents and carers about their children.
You can enter this field in many different ways, with a variety of qualifications being available to you, depending on your work history, education and life experience.
This course goes into detail about working as a nursery assistant to give you all the information you need to enable you to pursue a fantastic career in this growing field.
We begin by giving you a brief introduction to the position, including a discussion of the required skills and anticipated salary levels.
We then talk about the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, which you must follow when coming up with lesson plans for the children in your care.
Next, we review the developmental milestones that the children in your care should be expected to meet. Finally, we talk about the importance of play when developing learning programmes.
You will Learn:
- The skills and qualifications you need to successfully obtain employment as a nursery assistant
- What the prime areas of learning are
- What the specific areas of learning are
- Which milestones you should be on the lookout for at each age, from birth to age five
- The six types of play you should encourage children in your care to engage in
Benefits of Studying This Course
- Understanding more about this highly rewarding career
- Learning how you can qualify for a position as a nursery assistant, depending on your life experience and prior work and education history
- Learning more about how to best engage children in educational play
- Understanding more about the various developmental milestones that children should reach
- Learning how you can help the children in your care achieve their learning goals
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: Introduction to Nursery Assistants
- Module 02: Compliance with the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Module 03: Childhood Development
- Module 04: The Importance of Play-based Learning
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers/devices