Good note-taking skills are essential to your educational and professional success. Writing comprehensive notes does not just produce an effective memory aid; it also encourages you to process the information on a meaningful level.
Unfortunately, most of us are not taught how to take notes. In this course, you will discover several techniques that will allow you to pare down complex concepts and record them as well-organized summaries.
What You Will Learn
- The power of a good note-taking system, and why note-taking is a two-step process
- How and when to optimize linear note-taking systems
- Why non-linear note-taking methods can be a good alternative to traditional systems, and how to draw up a mind map
- How to make useful notes when reading a book, article, or report
The Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Learning how to take notes during discussions will make you more effective at processing information, which in turn will help you to plan and execute projects better
- If you take notes at meetings, this course will help you to record all points covered by attendees
- Taking good notes during one-to-one meetings with mentors and guides will help you make the most of their knowledge and support, which will further your personal development
- If you are a student, this course will help you to take notes that increase your chances of achieving high marks in your exams and on assignments
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.