The nail technician diploma is a wonderful learning opportunity for anyone who has a passion for nail art and is interested in enjoying a long career in the nail industry or for anyone who is already a nail technician that wants to brush up on their knowledge and boost their career with a recognised certification.
Introduction to the Nail Technician Diploma
This nail technician diploma comprises of twenty five informative modules that takes around twenty hours to complete. The course is accompanied with a host of instructional videos, helpful illustrations, how to instructions, advice and more.
During the course you will have access to online support as you study the introduction to nails, how to start your own business, nail art, marketing your business and so much more.
The course is offered online at an affordable price, giving you the ability to study in the comfort of your own home and at your own pace. You can access the modules anywhere where you have an internet connection and from any device.
On completion you can download and print your certificate, which you can use to boost your career as a nail technician moving forward.
What You Will Learn
This course is brimming with twenty five modules designed to give you complete training in becoming a successful nail technician and providing you with guidance and insight to starting your own nail salon.
- Understand nail technology and what a nail technician does.
- Learn the different skin layers and how this plays a role in nail technology.
- Get an understanding of nail anatomy, how fast nails grow and the different sections of the nail that you need to know as a nail technician.
- Learn how to prepare your work area effectively. This module covers hygiene and the importance of cleaning your work area effectively between patients.
- Understand the importance of consulting with your clients, offering guidance and how to give clients clear instructions on how to care for their nails moving forward.
- Learn how to perform a manicure from the supplies you will need and how to shape the nails for the best results.
- Learn the art of performing the perfect pedicure each and every time. This module will provide you with the advice you need from what supplies you will need to removing old nail polish to shining nails and more.
- Understand the art of false nails from the supplies you will need to adding plastic tips, lengthening acrylics and finishing off acrylic nails perfectly.
- This module will teach you how to incorporate a hand and arm massage into your nail appointment to provide your clients with an added service.
- Understand all there is to know about gel nails and what makes them so popular. You will also get step by step instructions on completing gel nails along with a useful instructional video.
- Get useful advice on using nail tips.
- Learn all there is to know about nail art. Know why a base coat is so important, get inspiration for designs and more.
- Get some valuable tips on nail maintenance and how to help your clients make their manicure and pedicure last longer.
- The importance of health and hygiene and how to keep your work station clean at all times.
- An introduction to salon management.
- Advice on starting your own salon, working as a technician or starting a mobile business.
- Learn how to set up a successful salon with decoration tips and advice.
- Marketing, pricing and merchandising in your salon.
- Understand about staffing your salon, employee law and everything you need to know when it comes to adding staff members to your salon.
- Get valuable insight into customer relations management to ensure the highest levels of customer service at all times.
- Learn to manage costs effectively, along with the importance of reporting and record keeping.
Benefits of the Nail Technician Diploma
Completing this diploma, whether you have no experience and are interested in a career in this industry, or you are already a technician that wants to brush up on your knowledge, you will find that the benefits are endless.
Some of the benefits include:
- Improved career opportunities
- Ability to enjoy consistent earnings
- Study in the comfort of your own home online
- Study at your own pace
- Affordable study solution
- No travelling costs
- Recognised certification on successful completion and passing of the multiple choice test.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 25 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 20 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.