An understanding of mobile and portable device security is vital for everyone at home and in the modern workplace, whether in an administrative or end-user capacity.
This course provides a comprehensive insight into every aspect of mobile and portable device security, including the history and background of security threats as well as the definition of the devices and threats involved.
From the very real consequences of vulnerability to how to practically ensure a secure mobile device, this course covers every aspect all role players must know.
You Will Learn:
- A comprehensive definition and history of mobile and portable device security
- A broad insight into the nature and function of each device as it pertains to the security
- All about the specific safety threats and the impact they have
- How to ensure mobile safety in both a personal and professional context
- The importance of understanding security vulnerability and how to avoid it
Benefits of Taking this Course
- You will be able to implement a comprehensive mobile and portable device security campaign in your company and in your private life
- You will understand the current mobile and portable device security threats and the techniques to avoid them
- You will be able to ensure the safety of mobile and portable devices in your own life and at the workplace
- You will be able to identify vulnerable areas and provide solutions to avoid risks
- You will understand the importance of taking precautions and maintaining regular mobile device security at all times
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Introduction to Mobile and Portable Device Security
- Module 2: Security Threats Part 1
- Module 3: Security Threats Part 2
- Module 4: Ensuring Security
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers/devices