Mindfulness is extremely relevant to modern-day living in many ways and it’s important to encourage children to become more mindful.
With increasing hours spent watching TV, playing video games and browsing the Internet, children are becoming more restless and easily distracted.
Training children to be mindful helps them concentrate, calm down and focus better, and research shows that they are able to perform better at school too.
Children are able to develop greater minds and demonstrate better imagination and creativity as they become more mindful. Schools and colleges across the UK are implementing regular mindfulness programmes so that students can reap multiple benefits.
What You Will Learn
The course on mindfulness training for children is designed to cover a number of topics for the best results.
- How to differentiate between the conscious and subconscious mind, and how the mind is related to the tasks that we do
- How to prepare children to become more mindful in a natural manner without forcing lessons on them
- How to use different mindfulness tasks and gradually train children to become mindful
- How to use touch and outdoor exercises to help children stay in the moment
- How to use music, meditation and drawing tasks to help children become more focused and present
Benefits of Taking This Course
You can benefit in several ways by completing the course on mindfulness for children:
- You can help your child, students or other children to become more mindful
- You can play an instrumental role in helping children become more focused, creative and imaginative
- You can help your own children calm down and feel more centred by training them to be more mindful and live in the moment
- You can develop your own mindfulness techniques
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 8 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 00: Mindfulness for Children Course
- Module 01: An Introduction to Mindfulness
- Module 02: Sound Exercises
- Module 03: Touch
- Module 04: Outdoor Activities
- Module 05: Vision Exercises
- Module 06: Meditation
- Module 07: Drawing Exercises
- Module 08: Be a Superhero
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices