The Mindfulness Diploma course provides a comprehensive introduction to the art of mindfulness and the real life physical and emotional benefits that it offers to those who practise it.
From learning about mindfulness history, through to the situations it can help with, and exercises to follow and practise, students will receive a thorough grounding in this simple but highly effective antidote for the stress of modern life.
This online course provides students with the opportunity to cover the diploma’s curriculum in their own time and at their own pace. Most students are able to complete the course in a reasonable amount of time while continuing to work full time.
As this course is online, this diploma is accessible from any device with an internet connection, and you will have access to online support throughout your study.
Before completing the course, you must pass a comprehensive test, covering the curriculum in detail, which will lead to the award of your diploma. You can download and print the diploma yourself at home.
What You Will Learn
This Mindfulness Diploma has been designed to give students a comprehensive introduction into the art of mindfulness and will set you on the route to a calmer, happier, more fulfilling life.
This course will cover:
- What mindfulness is, its history, and its relevance in modern life
- The role of meditation in mindfulness, its benefits, and dispelling the myths
- What Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) are, and their benefits
- The role of Hatha yoga stretches
- The clinical applications of MBSR and MBCT and the conditions they can help manage, their similarities and differences
- The impact of emotions on physical health
- How mindfulness can improve our daily lives, and how to reprogramme persistent negative thinking and automatic reactions
- Mindfulness and parenting
- How mindfulness can improve leadership and management skills
- How to become a mindfulness instructor in the UK
- Mindfulness exercises to put into practice
Benefits of the Mindfulness Diploma
The Mindfulness Diploma offers students the following benefits:
- The ability to study anywhere at times that suit you
- Study at your own pace, with no deadlines. Complete it as quickly or as slowly as you like
- Use any internet enabled device to study from, including computers, tablets and mobile phones
- Follow the course easily thanks to short, informative modules, which make studying fun
- A convenient online support system, helping you to stay on track throughout the course
- A comprehensive curriculum, providing you with the knowledge and skills you need to practise mindfulness in your life
- Earning a certified, recognised diploma
- An affordable cost
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 9 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Definition and History of Mindfulness & How Meditation Practices can Help us Enjoy Present Moment Awareness
- Module 2 : Meditation Practices, Therapies and Benefits Part I
- Module 3 : Meditation Practices, Therapies and Benefits Part II
- Module 4 : Meditation Practices, Therapies and Benefits Part III
- Module 5 : Mindfulness-based Interventions – Applications and Benefits
- Module 6 : Mindful Parenting; Mindfulness and Meditation Practices; How to become a Mindfulness Instructor
- Module 7 : Experiences of Mindfulness
- Module 8 : Mindfulness and Self-Exploration
- Module 9 : Mindfulness in our Daily Lives and How to Become a Mindful Leader
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major devices and browsers