With this course, students can learn about SQL Server installation, data storage, data recovery, monitoring, security, and maintenance. Instructor James Ring-Howell brings with him over 40 years of applicable IT experience and has taught technical courses for over two decades.
This Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Admin course is specifically for obtaining working IT skills and is not certification-specific training.
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job. The secondary audience for this course is individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
- Install and Configure SQL Server 2019
- Work with Databases and Storage
- Plan and Implement a Backup Strategy
- Restore SQL Server 2019 Databases
- Import and Export Data
- Monitor SQL Server 2019
- Manage SQL Server Security
- Audit Data Access and Encrypt Data
- Perform Ongoing Database Maintenance
- Automate SQL Server 2019 Management
- Monitor SQL Server 2019 by Using Alerts and Notifications
Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system (RDBMS) that supports a wide variety of transaction processing, business intelligence, and analytics applications in corporate IT environments. Microsoft SQL Server is one of the three market-leading database technologies, along with Oracle Database and IBM's DB2.
Like other RDBMS software, Microsoft SQL Server is built on top of SQL, a standardized programming language that database administrators (DBAs) and other IT professionals use to manage databases and query the data they contain. SQL Server is tied to Transact-SQL (T-SQL), an implementation of SQL from Microsoft that adds a set of proprietary programming extensions to the standard language.
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2019 database. The training focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2019 product features and tools related to maintaining the server environment and the databases it contains and is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2016, SQL 2017, or SQL Server 2019. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2019, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
Topics include Installation, Data Storage, Data Maintenance and Recovery, Monitoring, Security, and Server Maintenance. This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites: Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality. Working knowledge of Transact-SQL. Working knowledge of relational databases. Some experience with database design is recommended.
Course Video Content: 6 Hours 24 Minutes
Test Questions: 75
Module 1: Installation
Module 2: Data Storage
- SQL Admin Intro
Module 3: Data Recover
- Introduction to Data Storage with SQL Server
- Managing Storage for System Databases
- Managing Storage for User Databases
- Moving Database Files
Module 4: Monitoring
- Intro to Data Recovery
- Understanding SQL Server Recovery Models
- Planning a Backup Strategy
- Backing up Databases and Transaction Logs
- Using SSMS For Backup
- Understanding the Restore Process
- How to Restore a Database
- Using SSMS For Restore
- T-SQL Backup and Restore
- Advanced Restore Scenarios
- Introduction to Transferring Data
- Importing and Exporting Table Data
- Copying or Moving a Database
Module 5: Security
- Introduction to Monitoring SQL Server
- Dynamic Management Views and Functions
- Server Reports
- System Performance Monitor
- Tracing SQL Server Workload Activity
- Extended Events
- Database Tuning Advisor
Module 6: Maintenance
- Introduction to SQL Server Security
- Managing Server-Level Security
- Managing Database-Level Security
- Row Level Security (RLS) Using Policies
- Database Security Tools
- Contained Database
- Auditing Data Access in SQL Server
- Implementing Transparent Data Encryption
- Introduction to Maintenance
- Ensuring Database Integrity
- Maintaining Indexes
- Automating Routine Database Maintenance
- Automating SQL Server Management
- Monitoring SQL Server Errors
- Configuring Database Mai
LEARN365 Courses Include 12 Months Unlimited Online Access to:
Expert Instructor-Led Training: Learn 365 uses only the industry's finest instructors in the IT industry. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations: Our courseware includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. Learn 365 always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
Quizzes & Exam Simulators: Learn 365's custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. Learn 365 courses also include practice exams designed to replicate and mirror the environment in the testing center. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.