Learning about Mental Wellbeing in Children and Young People is essential to anyone who is a parent, family member or works with children. Whether you’re looking to improve the mental health of the children in your life or looking to avoid any future problems, this course covers everything you need to know.
In this course, we closely examine all the risk factors and the different types of mental health problems specific to young people.
This course offers a comprehensive guide to mental wellbeing in children and young people, from finding out how to achieve mental wellbeing, to the role of the parent, and what to do in more serious circumstances when outside assistance is required.
You will Learn:
- The risk factors which might affect mental health in young people
- The different types of mental health issues and how to approach each one
- How to ensure the mental wellbeing of children and young people in your life
- The role of the parent in providing help and support
- When you need to get outside help and how to go about it
Benefits of Studying This Course
- You will be able to improve the mental health and happiness of the children in your life
- You will be able to identify mental health issues before they become serious
- You will reduce the chances of causing further damage to existing mental health problems
- You will potentially save a child’s life by knowing when outside help is required
- You will understand the role you have to play in ensuring a child’s mental wellbeing
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: Risk Factors
- Module 02: Mental Health Problems
- Module 03: Achieving Mental Wellbeing
- Module 04: Getting Help
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers/devices