A medical secretary is a very important person in any practice in the United Kingdom. You are the first point of contact for a patient, you are responsible for taking appointments and ensuring you provide the doctor with the backup that they need to provide the best level of patient care on a daily basis. You may have a passion for caring for people, you may want to try a different avenue in your career or you may be looking for a chance to put your organisational skills to the test.
Introduction to Medical Secretary Diploma
The medical secretary diploma is an information packed course designed to provide you with valuable insights, information and skills you will need to complete your job on a daily basis in the medical industry. This course is studied online using any device, as long as you have access to the internet. The benefit to this is that you can study from anywhere at any time.
Due to the fact that you study this diploma online, you can study at your own pace and can choose to study full time at home and complete the course within days or you can work full time, study in the evenings and take your time to complete the course and pass the test with ease and confidence.
During your study experience, you will have access to online support. In addition to this, all your modules will be available to you 24/7. This means if you ever want to revisit the course and refresh your memory, you will be able to go back and enjoy each module all over again with ease.
Once you have successfully completed the course, you will need to pass the multiple choice test and on passing you will be able to download and print your certificate immediately. What you will enjoy is that all certificates are verifiable and potential employers can visit the website and type in the certificate number to confirm your credentials.
What you will learn
This course will provide you with the knowledge and insight you need to secure a secretarial position in the medical industry. If you are looking for a new avenue to use your skills or you are looking for a career that will provide you with a rewarding experience, then you may want to read on to identify what you can learn by completing the medical secretary diploma online.
- Identify what a medical secretary does, what your duties will entail each day, the job profile and the attributes needed.
- Get insider tips on how to manage appointment bookings, why scheduling is so important, setting reminders and more.
- Learn the filing systems used in medical offices, tips to setting up an effective filing system, along with the different filing systems you may choose to use to make your day more productive.
- Understand the importance of patient confidentiality. This module will give you an insight into patient confidentiality and what it involves, along with the difference between patient confidentiality and patient privacy.
- Learn the importance of medical records. In this module you will learn the purpose and benefits that medical records provide.
- Identify the different medical jargon and terminology so that you are not left behind.
- Learn about the information technology used in the medical profession along with basic computer use to electronic prescriptions, patient registrations and more.
- Get an understanding on why information technology is so important in the medical profession.
- Learn management for medical records.
- Understand the importance of health and safety in the workplace.
- Learn about supplies and inventory management.
- Identify what communication skills you will need to be an effective medical secretary.
This medical secretary diploma is guaranteed to provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to manage your career effectively. This course will provide you with a host of benefits, these include:
- Study online at your own pace and in your own time.
- Study using any device – computer, laptop, tablet or phone.
- Industry recognised certificate issued on successful completion and passing of the course.
- Certificate is verifiable.
- The course is broken into easy to learn and manage modules which are brimming with essential and useful information.
- Lifetime access to modules.
- Online support during studies.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 16 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.