Healthcare professionals play an important role in supporting the bereaved. This online Loss and Bereavement training course is great for health and social care workers to learn the different stages of loss and gain a better understanding of bereavement.
In health and social care, your staff are likely to build strong relationships with those they care for and knowing the best way to help those dealing with the loss of a loved one is important to ensure they feel comforted and supported.
This Loss and Bereavement care training course will help learners understand the issues surrounding bereavement, the different stages of loss and how to offer practical advice and coping strategies for those suffering. While this Bereavement training focuses on those working in a care setting, it is also useful to a wider audience.
On completion of this online Loss, Bereavement and Support training course, learners should know and understand the following:
The stages of dying
- Learn and understand the stages of dying and how to deal with change
- Cultural awareness and adopting a non-judgmental approach
- The pathway to a good death
Duty of care
- Duty of care and maintaining privacy, dignity and respect
Managing the environment
- Learn how to manage the environment
Family and visitors
- Recognise when support is needed for family and visitors coping with loss
- Record keeping of questions and best practice responses
Maintaining attitude and behaviour
- Know how to maintain attitude and behaviourCourse Outline
The aim of this Loss and Bereavement course is to greater increase your knowledge of loss and duty of care, as well as the relevant laws and legislation. The key points covered in this course are
- The stages of dying
- Cultural awareness
- Duty of care
- Managing the environment
- Record keeping
- Maintaining attitude and behaviour
This course takes between 1-2 hours to complete and gain your certificate.Entry and Level:
There are no barriers to entry on this training online course. This is an awareness course, suitable for all.Certification:
On completion of this online course, either download your certificate or access it at a later date online. Accreditation:
This course is CPD accredited and delivered by a Skills for Care endorsed provider. It meets accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.