This Kickstart Your Career course gives you everything you need to know about returning to the workforce after taking time out to care for your children, or entering the workforce for the first time. At the conclusion of this course, participants have the tools they require to confidently pursue a career in the field of their choosing.
The course covers many topics related to successful integration into any working environment from the communication skills you need, to ways to comply with existing privacy legislation. We have developed this course to give students important information about how to successfully enter or re-enter the workforce.
Throughout the course, students are provided with instruction, tips and techniques for learning how to manage their time, how to work in teams and how to communicate effectively with their managers and colleagues. The course also covers negotiation skills that are crucial for working with others and earning a fair salary for yourself. Students of this course further learn about how to improve their personal effectiveness, manage customer relations and how to deal with stress on the job.
At the conclusion of the course, students receive a diploma, proving they have successfully completed each module.
You Will Learn:
This course was designed to give takers a total overview of what is involved in entering the workforce, regardless of experience or industry.
Here’s what the course covers:
- How to establish and manage priorities on the job
- What their rights are in workplace relationships and how to enforce those rights
- The specific skills involved in strengthening personal effectiveness
- The signs of stress and how to avoid burnout
- How to develop a relationship with your customers by focusing on Customer Relationship Management
- The interpersonal skills needed to handle difficult people and situations
- Tips on how to work well in, and eventually lead, workplace teams
- The main phases of the negotiation and how to put those phrases into practice successfully
- Important information about data protection, including how to apply legislative frameworks to your job
- How to create a CV that attracts attention, along with crucial interviewing skills
Benefits of Taking this Course
This Kickstart Your Career course includes the following benefits:
- An affordable course that helps prepare you for entry, or re-entry, into the workplace after a period away
- A curriculum that is easy to understand, divided into 10 complete modules
- The achievement of feeling confident about your decision to return to work
- Learning new skills, such as assertive communication, negotiation and how to work in teams, which you can use in the workplace and beyond
- Learning how to effectively manage stress, both at work and in your personal life
- The ability to study from any location with an internet connection
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines
- Obtain a recognized certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Introduction/Time and Priority Management
- Module 2: Assertiveness
- Module 3: Improving Personal Effectiveness
- Module 4: Stress Management
- Module 5: Customer Relationship Management
- Module 6: Dealing with Difficult People and Situations
- Module 7: Working in Teams
- Module 8: Negotiation Skills
- Module 9: Data Protection in the Workplace
- Module 10: Job Interview & CV Writing Skills
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers/devices