Learning about sports nutrition is vital for everyone interested in achieving optimal health and well-being by ensuring proper nutrition. Whether you’re a professional athlete, part-time sportsperson, or just curious about incorporating the right diet in your life, this is the perfect course for you!
This course discusses the importance and optimal intake of carbohydrates for all types of sportspeople and athletes and a detailed guide to complete and incomplete proteins and the science of building muscle with proteins. From saturated and unsaturated fats and which are the best for endurance and overall health, to the importance of hydration and how to ensure you get the right types and amounts of minerals and vitamins in your diet, this course covers everything you need to know about sports nutrition!
What You Will Learn
- The different types, optimal intake and effectiveness of carbohydrates as fuel for the body
- How to identify complete and incomplete proteins and ensure you are getting the right amounts, as well as the science of muscle building with proteins
- The definition and importance of saturated and unsaturated fats and which are the best for athletes
- How to ensure you are optimally hydrated and have the right amounts and types of vitamins and minerals in your diet
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Feel better and become healthier by improving your nutrition
- Improve your performance and further your sporting career
- Avoid the common errors and pitfalls of fad diets and trends
- Avoid serious injury and illness by understanding the science behind proper nutrition
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: Introduction and Carbohydrates
- Module 02: Proteins
- Module 03: Fats
- Module 04: Hydration, Vitamins and Minerals
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices