Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT) is a talk-based therapy grounded in the principle that the way in which a person responds to events in their lives is just as important as the events themselves. REBT also emphasizes the role of dysfunctional thought patterns in the maintenance of psychological distress.
In this course, you will learn about the theory underpinning REBT and the techniques that REBT therapists use to help their clients lead happier lives.
You Will Learn:
- The origins of REBT
- The problems that respond well to REBT
- How REBT is delivered
- The ABC model, the framework at the heart of REBT and how it is used to help clients resolve emotional distress
- The practical interventions used by REBT therapists during and between therapy sessions
Benefits of Taking this Course
- If you are thinking of pursuing a career as a psychotherapist, this course will provide you with a valuable introduction to an influential school of therapy
- If you wish to seek personal therapy, this course will help you decide whether REBT may be helpful for you
- If you support someone who is receiving REBT or similar therapy, this course will help you understand how their treatment works
- If you are interested in mental health, this course will provide you with an insight into the relationship between thinking styles and wellbeing
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.