Introduction to Being a Dog Trainer
This training course provides useful insights, tips, and advice on the knowledge, skills, and attributes that you need to start a career as a dog trainer. Dog trainers are always in demand and there is a range of specializations available to those interested. The course describes the career prospects, ethics, and values while providing useful information on how to train dogs.
The course includes the following information:
- An introduction to pursuing a career as a dog trainer, as well as information on personal and professional ethics.
- Introduction to different training techniques, procedures and equipment required to be able to train dogs, with explanations regarding the uses and benefits of each.
- How to train puppies, including crate training, teaching them to stay quiet and avoid whining or howling, and training them to come when called.
- How to train older dogs with regard to socialization issues, overcoming anxiety/shyness, controlling aggression, and teaching proper behavior in general.
- How to train dogs to stop nuisance barking, submissive urination, and regulate eating behaviors.
- Training techniques to train rescued/abused dogs and how to train dogs for security, companionship, and therapy purposes.
- Information required to kick-start your career, including licenses, permits, and certifications, and how to offer your training services and get your business off the ground.
Benefits of Studying This Course
- You can look forward to a number of advantages by studying this course. Here’s a closer look at the benefits:
- You get a clear idea of the permits, licenses, and certifications required to get your career in dog training started.
- Learn how to train dogs to behave in the correct manner.
- By developing the required skills and learning the right techniques, you can effectively train dogs.
- You learn the specializations in dog training and can offer niche dog training services.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 8 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.