Whether you are entering the job market for the first time or looking for a complete change in career, improving your CV writing and interview skills is the first step to securing your ideal job.
These skills are crucial for career success, but few of us were taught at school. This course will give you a comprehensive overview of how employers screen applications, what they are looking for at all stages of the recruitment process, and how to demonstrate that you are the perfect person to fill the position.
You will discover the best strategies for succeeding at an interview, how to tackle psychometric tests and assessments, how to build rapport with an interviewer, and how to negotiate the salary and benefits you deserve. Learn how to approach your job search with confidence and take control over your career.
You Will Learn:
- How to write a CV that will distinguish you from the competition.
- What employers look for when they read a CV.
- How to write a cover letter that will convince an employer that you are the right person for the job.
- What you need to know about the company and your interviewer in advance of the interview, and how to use your knowledge to gain an advantage over the other candidates.
- The best way to answer popular job interview questions.
- How to handle various types of face to face interview, including group interviews and assessment days.
- How to succeed in giving an effective phone or telephone interview.
- How to learn from a bad interview experience and improve your chances of future success.
- An overview of the most common tests.
- How to negotiate the terms of a job offer during or after an interview.
Benefits of Taking this Course
- Your knowledge will make you an attractive candidate for roles that require you to help others, including roles in the HR and training sector.
- Your chances of finding a new job will improve – you will secure more interviews, appear more confident throughout the selection process and raise your value in the eyes of employers.
- You can study from any location with an internet connection.
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace.
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines.
- Obtain a recognized certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 12 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: How To Put Together An Effective CV
- Module 2: How To Put Together An Effective Cover Letter
- Module 3: Conducting Research Prior To An Interview
- Module 4: How To Prepare For The Most Common Interview Questions
- Module 5: Communication Strategies For Interview Situations
- Module 6: How To Handle Group Interviews & Assessment Days
- Module 7: How To Handle Telephone And Video Interviews
- Module 8: How To Handle Psychometric Tests
- Module 9: How To Negotiate Salary And Job Conditions
- Module 10: Following Up After An Interview And Learning From The Experience
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers/devices