This course provides an opportunity to review in more depth the use of standard infection prevention and control measures.
This course deals with the fundamentals and principles involved in preventing healthcare associated infections. You will also learn how you should manage them, and apply your principles of infection control knowledge in practice.
Half Day : Online Course
Courses Include 12 Months Unlimited Online Access to:
Expert Online Training: Our courses use only the industry’s finest instructors. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations: Our courseware includes demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor.
Navigation and Controls: These self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
Certificate of Completion: Upon completion of your training course, you will receive a Certificate of completion displaying your full name, course completed as well as the date of completion. You can print this out or save it digitally to showcase your accomplishment.
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
- Explain what a healthcare-associated infection (HCAI) is and how these infections spread
- Describe the impact healthcare-associated infections have on patients, your duty of care to patients and management in the workplace that can prevent the spread
- Describe how healthcare staff can help prevent infections from spreading
- Explain what asepsis is
- Describe how hand hygiene, personal protective equipment management of blood, body fluids, sharps, the environment and care equipment helps prevent the spread of infection
- Know about roles and responsibilities with infection prevention