Infections that are caused either, through being in a care establishment (nosocomial) or as a result of receiving treatment (iatrogenic), can be prevented. Often, neither may appear until after people leave the care establishment.
It is the responsibility of everyone working within the care industry to protect both themselves and the people they care for, from the effects of infection. This course will explore, in detail, how this can be achieved.
Half Day : Online Course
Courses Include 12 Months Unlimited Online Access to:Expert Online Training:
Our courses use only the industry’s finest instructors. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations:
Our courseware includes demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor.Navigation and Controls:
These self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.Certificate of Completion:
Upon completion of your training course, you will receive a Certificate of completion displaying your full name, course completed as well as the date of completion. You can print this out or save it digitally to showcase your accomplishment. LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Understanding Infection control
- Explain what is meant by infection, its signs and causes
- Identify how infection is spread
- Explain the importance of preventing the spread of infection
- Reducing the Risk of Infection
- Identify the measures that should be taken to minimise the spread of infection
- Explain the responsibilities of workers, the importance of legislation and risk assessment relating to infection control
- Controlling the Spread of Infection
- Explain the importance of personal hygiene in preventing the spread of infection
- Identify the key characteristics of effective cleaning, disinfection, sterilisation and handling of sharps
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.