Learning how to improve school attendance is absolutely essential for any teacher, headteacher, parent, or school representative. Whether you’re experiencing a school attendance problem or are looking to avoid one, this course covers everything you need to know.
This course provides a comprehensive guide to improving school attendance, including the factors that affect attendance and how to improve it through a variety of strategies. From how to work with parents and families, to motivating and encouraging students and intervening, when necessary, it covers everything you need to know regarding every aspect of improving school attendance.
You Will Learn:
- All of the factors affecting school attendance
- Strategies for schools to improve attendance
- Working with parents and families to improve attendance
- Motivating and encouraging students to stay in school
- When intervention is necessary, and how to go about it
Benefits of Taking this Course
- You will vastly improve student attendance at your school
- You will form positive relationships with parents and gain their trust
- Your students will be motivated and inspired to stay in school
- You will understand the reasons why students stay out of school and be able to address each one
- You will be able to successfully intervene and assist students who are experiencing problems and their families
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.