The hotel management diploma is the best choice for anyone who is interested in improving their career prospects within the hospitality industry in the United Kingdom.
This course will teach you everything you need to know to run a successful hotel, from communicating with guests to engaging with staff and maintaining front of house duties, while ensuring rooms are serviced to the highest standard and so much more.
Wide range of topics covered
The hotel management diploma covers a wide range of aspects associated with this position within the hospitality industry. The hospitality industry is a very service orientated business and you will need to know what is expected of you, develop skills and gain knowledge on how to complete your duties to the highest standard, always exceeding your guests' expectations.
Gain a valuable insight into the industry
The course is broken into manageable modules which will provide you with a comprehensive oversight on the duties and responsibilities associated with being a hotel manager. Once you have successfully completed the course and passed the multiple-choice test, you can download and print your certificate and start improving your career prospects straight away.
What you Will Learn
This diploma course is filled with comprehensive modules, which will teach you the following:
Benefits of the Hotel Management Diploma
- Learn more about the role of the hotel manager.
- Identify with the products and services you will be expected to provide to your guests on a daily basis.
- Understand why appearance is so important in this role.
- Know what skills you need to complete your duties in an orderly and organised fashion.
- Learn how to deal with your customers to surpass their expectations daily, whether it's taking a booking over the phone or welcoming them to your hotel on arrival.
- Get a good understanding on welcoming guests to the hotel, along with essential checking in and checking out procedures that should be followed.
- Learn how to manage the front desk effectively.
- Understand more about housekeeping and how to ensure the rooms are always serviced to the highest standards.
- Understand hotel terminology and terms you will hear on a regular basis.
- Know what leadership qualities you are going to need to manage a team effectively.
- Learn about the paperwork and reporting you will need to conduct your duties effectively and keep your finger on the pulse at all times.
- Know the difference between front and back of house and how to manage the front of house at all times.
- Learn how to deal with unexpected emergencies.
- Get information and advice on how to market the hotel to attract more guests to ensure a good occupancy rate throughout the year.
This training course can provide you with everything you need to know to fast track your career within the hospitality industry. The benefits include the following:
- The course is broken into manageable modules.
- Easy and comprehensive syllabus.
- Study at your own pace. You can take a week to study this course or you can take a couple of months, the choice is down to you and the amount of time you have available to commit to your studies.
- Compatible with all devices, enabling you to study from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Industry recognised certification on successful completion of the course.
- Online tutor available throughout your studies to provide you with assistance and guidance as needed.
- Improve your career prospects and fast track your career within the hospitality industry.
- No entry requirements.
- Know what is expected of you and what skills you need before accepting any positions.
- Prove your ability to complete the job by showing your certificate to potential employers.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 23 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.