When it comes to your workplace, diversity is more than just a common buzzword. It could be the key to your company’s success. Recent studies conducted by numerous organizations have shown the huge benefit that a diverse workforce can have on a company. Everything from your bottom line to your reputation in the community to the working environment can change, when you invest your time and money in hiring a diverse range of staff members.
This course provides you with comprehensive information about hiring for a diverse workforce. It begins by providing you with the definition of diversity and giving you a few examples.
We then move on to discuss how to recruit, when diversity is your goal, including aspects of your existing hiring practices that you need to abandon.
Next, we move on to discuss the ways in which your company can retain its diverse workforce.
Finally, we cover the considerations that you need to think about, when creating a diversity policy, including its numerous benefits.
You Will Learn:
- The most common diversity types that you can expect to see in the workforce
- How a diverse workforce can benefit your company
- Information to include and to omit from your job postings in order to attract diverse candidates
- The reasons why you need a diversity policy
- Which individuals you should consult, before finalizing any draft diversity policy, and why
- What the ‘pipeline problem’ is, and how to overcome it with ease
Benefits of Studying This Course
- Understanding what diversity means, especially in a corporate context
- Learning what characteristics are protected under UK law
- Knowing how diverse staff members can add to your organization’s success
- Learning how to examine your own attitude and correct any potential bias or address any pre-existing prejudices
- Understanding the importance of accountability on the part of management, when it comes to a diversity strategy
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.