First Aid for Mental Health is one of the fastest growing and most necessary fields of today. With mental health becoming a serious and widespread problem, it is necessary that there are people prepared to lend a helping hand and offer immediate help to those suffering.
In the past, the stigma related to mental health has often prevented this kind of help from reaching the people affected. Although plenty of emphasis is placed on physical health and traditional first aid, this is not always the case when it comes to mental health and mental health first aid.
In this course, you have the chance to become well-versed in the different types of mental illnesses and how to both support and guide the people who have them. However, people trained in mental health first aid are not meant to replace mental health professionals. Instead, they are meant to be the initial support offered to people struggling with their mental health. This could include emergency situations, people in crisis or people dealing with a sudden worsening of their condition.
You Will Learn:
- What exactly the field of mental health first aid is
- What people trained in first aid for mental health can expect
- What the most common mental illnesses are
- How to approach and react to people in a mental health crisis
- How to handle and approach individual mental illnesses uniquely
Benefits of Taking this Course
- Gain the tools to properly identify, handle and provide support for those who are struggling with mental health problems
- Be able to help members of your community, family, or workplace who are dealing with mental health problems
- Get an in-depth understanding of mental health and several individual mental illnesses
- Be able to properly respond to a mental health crisis and provide initial support
- Learn about a problem that has the potential to impact everyone, as well as what you can do, to be a part of the solution
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: Introduction to Mental Health First Aid
- Module 02: Depression and How to Approach It
- Module 03: Anxiety and How to Approach It
- Module 04: Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and How to Approach It
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers/devices