The Face Painting Academy Diploma will provide you with the valuable information, knowledge and skills you need to start your own face painting business. You will learn how to run your own business, what equipment you will need, how to manage bookings and how to conduct risk assessments.
Introduction to the Face Painting Academy
This course is broken down into forty modules which takes around eighteen hours to complete. The modules include the convenience of video instructions, helping you gain the skills you need to run a successful face painting business. During your studies you will have access to online support as and when needed.
On completion of the forty information packed modules you will complete a multiple choice test, with questions based on what you have learned. On passing the test, you will instantly receive your certificate, which you can download and print.
The course is more than simply a face painting course, it also offers you valuable insight into running and managing your own successful business from marketing to income and expenditure and insurances, and understanding the importance of health and safety.
What You Will Learn
This course is designed to provide you with all the knowledge, skills and techniques you need to start and run your own successful face painting business.
- Learn the history of face painting and why it's so important.
- Understand the types of work and events you will attend as a face painter.
- Learn the importance of quality equipment, what brushes you will need, containers and other helpful materials.
- Get to grips with the code of conduct and health and safety when working with children, including the children's protection act.
- Learn about face painting designs, use of colours and the correct way of using sponges, brushes and other equipment to achieve the best end result.
- Get valuable information on carrying out your duties effectively.
- Understand the importance of skin care, what products you can and cannot use with clients with certain skin conditions.
- Learn how to run your own face painting business with guidance on taking and managing bookings.
- Learn how to set different pricing strategies and keep track of income and expenditure.
- Know what insurance policies you need to have in place for your business. Identify if you need to pay national insurance and how to complete tax returns.
- Learn how to effectively market your business along with do's and dont's you need to know when things don't go according to plan.
- Get guided techniques and information on how to complete a variety of designs, including dogs, cats, flowers, clowns, Frozen, Batman and Minnie Mouse, just to name a few.
- Take advantage of the detailed instructional video for more than twenty different designs to help you create the perfect design each and every time and keep your clients happy.
Benefits of taking the Face Painting Diploma
Completing the Face Painting Academy Diploma will provide you with a host of benefits, these include:
- Enhance your career prospects.
- Start your own successful face painting business either full or part time.
- Know the type of events you are likely to attend.
- Get a good understanding of health and safety and child protection to ensure you provide the best service at all times.
- Know about income and expenditure, taxes, insurances and more.
- Enjoy the convenience of studying online using any device.
- Take advantage of the benefit of having online support throughout your studies.
- Study from anywhere at any time with access to the internet.
- Study at your own pace.
- Industry recognised certification.
- Easy manageable modules.
- Video instructions.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 40 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 18 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.