This course has been written to familiarise its readers with the concepts of equality, diversity and inclusion, anti-discrimination legislation and policy implementation. The aim of this course is to enable the readers to learn more about the meaning and importance of equality, and to understand peoples' rights and responsibilities in relation to these concepts in the work environment.
This course is aligned to the UK Core Skills Training Framework subject "Equality, diversity & human rights".
- Improve your career prospects.
- Learn valuable knowledge, skills, advice and guidance to help you achieve success.
- Study online from anywhere.
- Study at your own pace.
- Download and print your industry recognised certificate on successful completion.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into bite-sized modules. You're free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each section, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers and most tablet devices etc. so you can even study while on the move! As long as you have access to the internet, you should be able to study anywhere that's convenient.
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all the modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken at a time and location of your choosing.
What if I don't pass the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time then you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the entire program is likely to take around 2-4 hours to work through initially, but you may want to allow more time to repeat some areas. You should allow an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Understanding what is meant by diversity, equality, inclusion and discrimination
- Knowing how discrimination might occur in the work setting, both deliberately and inadvertently
- Knowing ways of how to reduce discrimination
- Being aware of key legislation
- Understanding agreed ways of working (where these apply) relating to equality, diversity, discrimination and rights
- Providing inclusive support
- Knowing how to ensure that service provider’s own work is inclusive and respects the beliefs, culture, values and preferences of the service users
- Knowing where/how to access information, advice and support about equality and inclusion
- Knowing who to ask for advice and support about equality and inclusion.
Please ensure you have read every page of the course (numbered at the bottom of the screen), otherwise you will not have the option of taking the test.
Courses Include 12 Months Unlimited Online Access to:
Expert Online Training: Our courses use only the industry’s finest instructors. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations: Our courseware includes demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor.
Navigation and Controls: These self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
Certificate of Completion: Upon completion of your training course, you will receive a Certificate of completion displaying your full name, course completed as well as the date of completion. You can print this out or save it digitally to showcase your accomplishment.
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.