The law on equality, diversity and discrimination has changed in recent years. Public bodies and businesses alike are now required to take steps to ensure that they do not treat people in any of nine protected categories unfairly, and legislation has defined six types of discrimination that employers have a responsibility to guard against.
Whether you are an employee or a business owner, this course will serve as a useful introduction to the subject and will raise your awareness of the issues around it.What's Covered in the Course?
- What is meant by each of the words “equality”, “diversity” and “discrimination”.
- Some of the different types of discrimination and the meaning of positive action.
- The difference between positive action and positive discrimination.
- How our own values and beliefs come to be and how they impact on the way we treat others.
- How institutional discrimination can become embedded in organisations and how it can be reversed.
- The implications of the Equality Act 2010 on businesses and individuals.
Benefits of Taking This Course
Who can take the course?
- You will develop an understanding of the broad scope of the Equality Act and some of the obligations that it places on businesses and individuals.
- You will discover how to make your own workplace more inclusive.
- You will learn how to spot the various types of discrimination.
- If you work for, or run a business in the UK, or you intend to do either, then this course will help you to understand these issues, comply with the law and foster a happier, more collaborative workplace.
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course. What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 5 and 60 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience. Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move! Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing. What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course. When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: What do we Mean by Equality, Diversity and Discrimination?
- Module 2: Discrimination and Positive Action
- Module 3: How we are Influenced
- Module 4: Institutional Discrimination and its Opposite – Inclusion
- Module 5: Implications for Businesses
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major devices and browsers